Why does there have to be so much swearing?

Jeff Seid (who I follow on YouTube) has just posted his first video in a long time and within the first minute he came out with so many expletives that I unsubscribed him there and then (and he wasn't even lifting!) therefore would like to ask "Am I being out of kilter with the bodybuilding community in general in thinking that you don't need to swear in everyday conversation just because your muscular?"
  • WelshMuscleman
    6 Years ago
    I have indeed @thomas because I don't have access to a car whenever I want to go anywhere in this area I am always walking. According to the map my Walk app that I used to generate the maps, I have walked 55 miles so far this year (for walks that I have measured), add to that walking to and from the local shop every day (400 m x 365 = 146,000m = 91.25 miles a year) and we still have my annual wounded warrior fundraising project in October and November for a national charity so therefore it's is more than possible I will walk 200 miles or more this year.
  • thomas
    6 Years ago
    Buddy, you have proven that you can do it all. Bodybuilding will just add to your personal confidence, longevity, and health. Knowing how programmed you are when you set your mind to something, the sky is the limit. Have you been still training and such?
  • WelshMuscleman
    6 Years ago
    I do hope that is the case @thomas because as I think you will have gathered I am about as British as it gets in that regard, in fact whenever I do some of these internet quizzes I come to the conclusion that I am more like this sort of person than anyone else on the planet Phileas Fogg However, I should point out that I do not match him completely. This is the description of him from the book which the things that match my personality in bold and the things that do not in italics:
    He appeared to be a man about forty years of age, with fine, handsome features, and a tall, well-shaped figure; his hair and whiskers were light, his forehead compact and unwrinkled, his face rather pale, his teeth magnificent. His countenance possessed in the highest degree what physiognomists call “repose in action,” a quality of those who act rather than talk. Calm and phlegmatic, with a clear eye, Mr. Fogg seemed a perfect type of that English composure which Angelica Kauffmann has so skilfully represented on canvas. Seen in the various phases of his daily life, he gave the idea of being perfectly well-balanced, as exactly regulated as a Leroy chronometer. Phileas Fogg was, indeed, exactitude personified, and this was betrayed even in the expression of his very hands and feet; for in men, as well as in animals, the limbs themselves are expressive of the passions. He was so exact that he was never in a hurry, was always ready, and was economical alike of his steps and his motions. He never took one step too many, and always went to his destination by the shortest cut; he made no superfluous gestures, and was never seen to be moved or agitated. He was the most deliberate person in the world, yet always reached his destination at the exact moment. He lived alone, and, so to speak, outside of every social relation; and as he knew that in this world account must be taken of friction, and that friction retards, he never rubbed against anybody"
    But the one thing is that true is that I always try and be as polite as I can, and would hope that if I end up as a bodybuilder that politeness would continue
  • thomas
    6 Years ago
    Your going to start seeing a lot of that go away. Jeff has been around for ages, and he hasnt posted in awhile do to all of the new changes on YouTube. They are dealing with an advertiser boycott, so YouTube is now taking monitization away from anyone who puts out videos that use profanity, racial things, political and hate, bullying, ect. Tons of guys had their videos taken down or lost monitization, so if they arent making any money, they just stop putting content out there. You will start to see a lot of folks watching what they say moving forward.