Supplements and Working Out

Hello, SO I have been thinking for some time on trying JYM supplements. No you read it right, I said JYM not GYM! Bad opening joke aside, they, as some of you might know, are a supplement company who have a pretty good reputation in the market for their products and I have been considering buying some of their stuff to aid in both my PE and my regular workouts. So my question for you all is if you know of them, or have tried them, or have better recommendations for supplementations, feel free to drop them down below and I'd love to hear them! Also on an aside, is it better to burn fat first, then bulk? Or bulk then burn to get shredded? I feel like the second is best because you have to add mass to gain muscle in large quantities no? I've always been quite a skinny guy, so I've never really had to worry about fat to have my gains show. That being said, I was also never particularly big either so I would kinda like to hit a happy medium and be shredded. If you know that lean and shredded look where the guys aren't huge but have lots of definition that's my end goal, and I would appreciate and pointers or suggested reading to get me on track to reaching that goal. Thanks and I look forward to your responses! I didn't find the right solution from the Internet. -References -https://www.pegym.com/forums/exercise-health-forum/115638-supplements-working-out.html -whiteboard animation
  • walter
    6 Years ago
    yea, the important rule here is that supplementation is NOT a substitution. Your going to want to stick to your staples of Creatine Beta Alanine. Whey Protein isolates and concentrates, Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs). and a solid vitamin. For sure probably the most studied supplement out is Creatine. Creatine is naturally produced in the body and it supplies energy to all of the body’s cells, primarily muscle cells. Your going to want to get on this as supplementing with creatine increases muscle hydration and increases their size. Better hydrated muscles are stronger in the gym. This leads to boosted hypertrophy overtime and gives a higher athletic performance. As for the other sups that I would recommend, just let me know when you get the response back to @dominic and we can all add suggestions
  • dominic
    6 Years ago
    if your a hard gainer you want to pay close attention to your macro intake. 80 percent of bodybuilding and gains is outside of the gym. The golden rule of bodybuilding is 20 percent training, 80 percent nutrition, diet, and supplementation. Having said that, supplmentation is not a one size fits all. There are a ton of things to factor in. What type of training do you do? How often are you training, and what is your desired goal? How much do you weigh? How old are you? How much protein and what sources do you consume each day> See, your body is like a machine. Each time you train, you deplete your body of the major branched chains of glutamine, leucine, isoleucine and valine. All of these metabolize directly into the muscles, not in the liver, so its vital to get a good dose of BCAA's and protein that aborbs quickly such as an isolate right after training. If you give me some more details as to the answers above, I can tell you the right stack that I would suggest. I know that @thomas @walter @brad @doug and many others will chime in there too.