Pounds and Inches -Simeon's HCG Weight Loss

So, I lost about 25 pounds with this and kept it off for a year now. My daughter lost a whopping 35 pounds, and we are about to start a new cycle in hopes of being even more in the right shape. I'm cheer coaching this season to get the exercise portion right, so I thought I would share the HCG Diet and see what the trainer feedback is. I did the 100% Simeon's protocol only instead of injections I mixed 10000cu of HCG with B12 vitamins and took sublingual twice a day. I was pretty skeptical but after the results, I have to say it does work, but you have to have the DISCIPLINE to do it. I have resumed normal eating and exercise I had before, only I'm in better shape now than in the last 10 years. We did the diet September 2011. I felt horrible and was at the fattest I'd ever let myself get, and the HCG diet got me back to the weight I was in High School.

http://hcgcoach.com/SimeonsProtocol.shtml#Three

What he writes about fat is known science. The longer it sits on you the harder it is to remove, and I think that is partially why this works, that and the COMPLETE detox your body gets. You eat all vegetable and protein and nothing processed, no processed carbs or sugars. In fact, they even frown up on sugar-substitutes except for Stevia. I upped the calories to 700-800 a day (500 was too brutal for a 14 year old) and got the same results others scream about. No sugar. No processed food. It is recommended you also go 100% organic and do not get meat with fillers or chemically treated animals.

SO- here is my trainer question- do you think the HCG has anything to do with it, or is it more these foods, which are the only foods you are 'allowed' to eat on this diet?

I will say I missed taking the HCG and did get hungrier on a day or so, but that could be the lack of vitamins?

Skip telling me it doesn't work, my daughter and I are walking proof that it 100% works- we lost the expected 5 pounds a week on average, so what I want to know is WHY does it work? I thought this could be a fun discussion for the pros..

Foods allowed:

Tea or coffee in any quantity without sugar. Only one tablespoonful of milk allowed in 24 hours. Splenda or Stevia may be used.

Two per day: veal, beef, chicken breast, fresh white fish, lobster, crab, or shrimp. All visible fat must be carefully removed before cooking, and the meat must be weighed raw. It must be boiled or grilled without additional fat. Salmon, eel, tuna, herring, dried or pickled fish are not allowed. The chicken breast must be removed from the bird. You can have 2 egg whites mixed with one whole egg if you want to skip a meat.

Two per day: spinach, chard, chicory, beet-greens, green salad, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, cabbage.

Two per day: breadstick (grissino) or one Melba toast.

Two per day: An apple or a handful of strawberries or one-half grapefruit.

The juice of one lemon daily is allowed for all purposes. Salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, sweet basil, parsley, thyme, majoram, etc., may be used for seasoning, but no oil, butter or dressing.

Tea, coffee, plain water, or mineral water are the only drinks allowed, but they may be taken in any quantity and at all times.

In fact, the patient should drink about 2 liters of these fluids per day. Many patients are afraid to drink so much because they fear that this may make them retain more water. This is a wrong notion as the body is more inclined to store water when the intake falls below its normal requirements.

The fruit or the breadstick may be eaten between meals instead of with lunch or dinner, but not more than than four items listed for lunch and dinner may be eaten at one meal.