Beginner in the Gym

HI I'm a huge newbie to the world of working out. I'm 5'7" and 190 lbs. My biggest issue with myself is my stomach; my goals are to tone my legs and achieve a flat stomach I obviously also want to lose weight and overall feel healthier and more energized. I'm planning on eating better, of course, too, but that's for a different forum topic. I have no clue what I'm doing with any of the equipment in my gym (Planet Fitness) except for the cardio machines. I'm afraid to use the workout machines, I'm afraid to use the free weights, and I'm afraid to do bodyweight exercises in the middle of the floor, surrounded by everyone Can someone help me muster up a weekly workout routine, preferably with both cardio and strength training. I also need some tips and tricks about gym anxiety, and how to use basic machinery in the gym Please help. Thanks! I didn't find the right solution from the Internet. References: https://www.shapefit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17093 Software explainer
  • thomas
    6 Years ago
    high-intensity interval training, is a training technique in which you give all-out, one hundred percent effort through quick, intense bursts of exercise, followed by short, sometimes active, recovery periods. The idea is that you do short periods of all-out work followed by short periods of active rest to make the body work harder than it does during steady-state cardio. the biggest challenge to adopting a weight-loss workout plan is finding a regimen that fit for you. Lots of guys who are trying to lose weight try absolutely absurd workout programs that require tons of specialized equipment or instruction, only to give up months later because it's just too difficult to keep pace. A real simple thing to always keep in mind is your caloric input and caloric output. Keep your macros in check and eat clean. If your caloric output is greater than your input, you will loose weight. If your in a caloric surplus, you will gain. what type of cardio do you do now? Are you using the treadmill?