A suggestion about how I can train when I can't

As mentioned in my comments to people like @brad and @dominic, a friend of mine from Canada suggested that I should ask this and see if it gets anywhere: As you know I am a registered carer for my grandparents and in recent months the care I give to them has increased from part time (getting cups of teas and errands) to full time (helping them dress, do shopping trips, being woken up at night to do things) and as such I am sorry to state I have no real free time in order to go to the gym. However, having spoken to a friend of mine from Canada, and using some estimates of my own, I believe there is a way around this and at the same time enable my friends from overseas to see what a wonderful area this is. Therefore, I would like to know if there is anyone who would like to spend a week's holiday in this area, where I would pay half of the accommodation costs for a suitable location that was both as near to me as it is the gym that I am a member of,, so that during the week's stay I would be able to, with them, go to the gym between 5.00am and 7.00am and train a different body part each day as well as get some useful advice along the way. Now, sadly, I am not made of that much money to be able to afford the cost of the flight to Wales (don't blame me, that's the fault of the UK government who impose a tax on inward flights but do not impose a tax on outward flights) or indeed on the journey from Cardiff Airport to here, but I would like to (if possible) be able to afford at least three people (one in June, one in July and one in August) as those are the three warmest months of the year. Therefore if this sounds like something that you would like to do, simply reply to this message with "I am interested", what sort of things you like to do besides going to the gym and what your maximum budget would be for accommodation and I will find out what there is on offer in this neck of the woods
  • WelshMuscleman
    5 Years ago
    I have some good news to relay 1) The gym is on track to re-open on Monday 2) The following Saturday (December 1st) the town in which the gym is based is switching on its Christmas lights, therefore I am taking the opportunity to spend a large amount of time in the town and will use some of that time to train in the afternoon before the lights are switched on 3) The following Sunday (December 9th) a 2.25 mile trundle has been organised by the local village hall charity and I have signed up for that 4) If things go to plan, I will confirm a personal training session for December 16th 2018 with the gym owner where I will try and see what gains I have lost / made up in the past month.
  • WelshMuscleman
    5 Years ago
    I have several points of good news to report 1) My grandmother is now back from hospital and is recovering well 2) The gym is being completely redesigned with several structural changes and thanks to an online poll, mirrors are to be added 3) My caring duties are being assessed by both internal (local government) and external (charities) bodies to assess if I am due a respite break 4) The gym owner sent me a message yesterday stating that he expects the gym to reopen on November 26th 2018.
  • WelshMuscleman
    5 Years ago
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, combination of the Mid Terms and my grandmother being admitted to hospital with a condition caused by her using mini catheters to go to the toilet and a toilet that is not fit for purpose (and cannot be replaced for another ninety days, the problem being that we have no idea when the ninety day clock starts) and so therefore I have been at complete sixes and sevens (and here's an example of what I mean) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2lHktJE9uM Dazzy is actually in Greater Manchester in the North West of England but as Manchester isn't too far from the Welsh border, it is an idea I shall consider, but think I will let him reply first to see if he is happy with the idea or not (pointing out that I am nothing like as big or as strong as he is).
  • doug
    5 Years ago
    Totally agree. Its a great time to suggest it. Me and my family is all here in ohio, so im not able to this go around, but sure hope that someone out there can make it. I know that our boy Dazzy is in the UK. He is a boss and cranks in beast mode week in and week out. @dazzy is in whales if memory serves, but is in the UK for sure. Dude has solid lifting techniques and a damn good regiment.
  • WelshMuscleman
    5 Years ago
    I suggested those months because that's when most people take their holidays and I assumed that anyone who took this up would want to spend the rest of the time having a walk around the rest of the county. Therefore it doesn't have to be during the holiday months, it was just a suggestion.
  • dominic
    5 Years ago
    That is a cool offer, and hope that someone does take you up on it. most of us are in the states. I know that @fitat50 is over in India. Thomas is in London, so I will ping him and see if he can get up your way. Holiday season though does make it hard.