Your Input?

What's the best bodyfat caliper on the market....the manual skin fold or the hand held electric? I prefer the manual skin fold as I just don't trust the hand held ones. Also...you any of you guys on Facebook or Instagram? I'd love to friend you there... :-)
  • madison
    7 Years ago
    John, have they ran a full culture and blood test on you? The reason why I ask is that there are several reasons that cause Estrogen to raise in men. Now I realize that Diabetes is now ruled out, but colon problems can also be a contributor. As for advice, the collective group nailed the nail on the head. I would say going with the most trusted, most prescribed, and highest recommended choice will be the best move. Wish you all the luck, and keep me posted!
  • doug
    7 Years ago
    Whenever I use any TRT, Anastrozole is my go to of choice. Works really good for me, and my testosterone levels spike significantly. Blood sugar levels, and blood cell counts all stabilize and I am able to harnis both free and sustained testosterone levels in the 1100 range.
  • brad
    7 Years ago
    I would say that your safe there too. Nothing is more highly recommended or prescribed more. Stuff works, and it stays in your system a very long time.
  • dominic
    7 Years ago
    You will be 100 percent covered on all fronts with Anastrozole. its the bible and standard for Estrogen blockage. You want to ensure that synthesize your androgens into testosterone. This will do it. 1 MG is all you need and it will make you feel like a frigging rock star bro. Hope it helps.
  • stacy
    7 Years ago
    Anastrozole is pretty much the staple and most widely used. It has a very long shelf life in the body, and just about all of my guy friends who bodybuild use it. They claim that its perfect and has very little to no side effects. Any doctor can write a prescription for it. Anastrozole can be used also as a aromatase inhibitor. Hope that this helps.
  • FitFreak72
    7 Years ago
    Any suggestions on a good estrogen blocker / aromatase inhibitor? Or is that a different forum discussion?
  • dominic
    7 Years ago
    All of the usual signs that would be of concern are ruled out, so maybe its a lagging effect of previous escalations. Testosterone being converted to Estrogen is common, but correctable. Good thing is that it doesn't have health effects, but it will make you feel a bit more emotional and you definitely want everything converted to test. See if your doctor can call in something and it will correct itself quick.
  • thomas
    7 Years ago
    For sure. Test is inline, but a little low. it will get rocking and rolling when you get on an estrogen blocker for sure.
  • brad
    7 Years ago
    In that case, all the usual suspects are ruled out, and test levels are coming back to mid range. Would be much better to get you into the 800 to 1200 range, and if you get any kind of estrogen blocker, I would suspect that will easily get you into normal range. It would probably even get you into top range due to all of the lifting and cardio that your doing. Diet changes and all of the gym work your doing will pay a vital role in bumping up those numbers significantly.
  • FitFreak72
    7 Years ago
    Ok...this was the result from my last doctor's visit. ALL my levels were normal, triglycerides, glucose, cholesterol...(dr told me NO diabetes, NO other issues, in fact, he told me he was looking at a totally different man than what he met almost a year ago). My total testosterone level was 411 (FINALLY out of the 200s! :-)) This doctor has actually never tested my free testosterone level. Maybe I should ask next time I go see him...
  • thomas
    7 Years ago
    If your conversion ratios are off, one of the causes is diabetes, and that could be stemming from when your blood sugar levels were sky high and this test was done during that period. To be safe, I agree with everyone and getting an estrogen blocker will work wonders for you and convert everything to testosterone. You will feel like a champ and get a surge in power, stamina, weight loss, energy, ect. Helps a ton.
  • brad
    7 Years ago
    There could be a whole host of things causing it, but yea, what was your test level coming in at? What was your free test and total testosterone counts? That will be a good indicator if your converting more estrogen verses test. Anastozole is the best estrogen blocker on the market. You do need a prescription for it, but with your tests and being over 60, your in the red and they will write it without question. Let me know on the others and then I will give you further data.
  • walter
    7 Years ago
    what is concerning with men, is that your testosterone is converting to estrogen rather than testosterone. 64 is quite high. normal ranges should be around 30 to 40. I think that there is something going on with your testosterone conversions. Could be high triglycerides, sugars, glucose, ect. What was your testosterone level? The very best stuff on the market is Anastrozole. That stuff is powerful and stays in your system a VERY long time. Typical does is 10 tabs, 1 MG each. You take it once a week for 4 weeks, and then cut it down to 1 every two weeks, then 3, ect. It works, and will block the conversions so that your getting quality testosterone.
  • FitFreak72
    7 Years ago
    Ok guys and gals...kinda off topic from the original thread... Dr checked my estradiol level last week. Result was 64. From what I've researched, high normal is like 40. Any suggestions on what I can do or take to get that level down?
  • taylor
    7 Years ago
    John, both will give you a good indicator for a starting point, but also both can be misleading to a degree. I use both, but prefer to use the pinch test. I try to do it in the AM so that I dont have any excess fluids and water in my body that can sku the reading. I am also doing the same with the pulse test reading. I dont want to have any false reading due to any elevation in my heart rate. Hope that this helps,,,
  • brad
    7 Years ago
    I would use the pinch factor, but dont get too hung up on the BMI data. BMI isnt the only measurement that I would use as a bible. The chart doesn’t consider individual body composition, including the ratio of body fat to fat-free mass. Also, BMI doesnt take into account measurements like bone mass, muscle mass or frame size. BMI also doesn’t consider gender differences, such as where fat is stored, or take into account the fact that certain locations for body fat ect. Its a good tool to use to gage progress and people often use it as a starting point to see how far they get in their training regiment. I would use it like I use a scale. Hope this helps.
  • dominic
    7 Years ago
    I agree with Walter. having several different calculations gives you a much more complete picture of your real BMI. Whats more important is that the more data that you have, the better planning you can do for a cut. When I take on a new client, I will use both electronic as well as the skin pinch.
  • walter
    7 Years ago
    I tend to agree with Stacy. One matrix by itself isnt a good representation of the full spectrum. When I first take on a client I do a strength test, IRM, BMI, RHR, THR, and burn in testing along with get a 3 day meal cycle so I can look at all variables. One matrix without the other can sometimes sku the whole big picture. With that being said, I would say that the best way is through the skin fold hands down, if that helps.
  • stacy
    7 Years ago
    I would say that they both provide value, but the best way to calculate your BF is to use the manual skin fold as the electric can be a bit off if you have had coffee, or if you were active before the test, ect. Your THR and RHR along with your BMI and BFI are all valuable assets to track. On here there are several calculators that will give you some starting points to track for a starting point.