Women and Steroids

I thought I'd start a question/answer thread for women who are curious about or need information about performance enhancing drugs.
A little about me; I've been a competitor since 1976. I've promoted bodybuilding shows, been a national physique judge, and have trained top amateur men and women in bodybuilding, physique, figure, etc. I've been published in Muscular Development magazine and have posted extensively on steroids and other drugs on several top bodybuilding sites.

No question is silly. I'll answer all questions with real world applications. I WILL NOT discuss sources for black market drugs. All my advice is informational only and I do not advise you to use illegal substances. I only discuss what athletes have used, what effects certain compounds at certain doses will produce, and advise you if you choose to go the route of using UGL's, if what you propose is beneficial and safe.
All that being said, if you choose to compete in bodybuilding in any class at any level, you will be going up against 90% of your competition who DO use. That includes bikini, figure, fitness, physique, as well as bodybuilding. Even natural shows have competitors using something prohibited by that organization.
So ask away! I'm here to help.
  • doug
    11 Years ago
    This is a tricky one. There are certain pros and cons with both. It really depends on if your stacking, or if you doing standalone. PM me for details.
  • freakyhuge
    11 Years ago
    It depends on their goal. Unfortunately, winny is hard on a woman's hair…turns it dry pretty quick. Actually most anabolics do. For orals with women, I prefer anavar. 5mg/day for bikini and figure, 10mg/day for fitness, physique, and bbing. Bbers would add an injectable to the oral, preferably equipoise at 50-100mg/wk.
    Most cycles for women run 6-8 weeks with 4 weeks off. Prep cycles run 12 weeks.
    Estrogen control is as important as anabolics for women. Actually, estrogen control by itself will work well for bikini and figure. 2 1/2mg/day of aromasin for the last 6 weeks of prep will harden you up.
    Anabolics always have sides with women that they will have to learn to live with. Mild acne, clitoral hypertrophy, crazy sex drive, bad hair, loss of menstrual cycle, lowering of the voice…some or all will affect users to varying degrees. Most of these sides will subside with discontinued use, but the lower voice and enlarged clit will only return to near normal, depending on dose, length of use, and time off cycle.
    Remember, even using extreme cycles, men will only gain 3-7lbs of lean muscle annually and women around 2-3lbs. And that's if they train very heavy and consume enough protein.
    10mg/day of anavar will build muscle on women and harden them up. Bbing women should go to 20mg/day for max growth, but be prepared for sides!
  • taylor
    11 Years ago
    What are your thoughts between Winstrol and Anodrol?
  • taylor
    11 Years ago
    You are extremely seasoned, and would value any input that you have here. what type of stack would you consider if your a woman. Most of the woman I know are usually taking winstrol, but that seems to lean out more than build. What are your thoughts?