Question regarding testim and testapill as well as Low testosterone

I have recently been tested with extremely low testosterone. My doctor gave me Testim and I had some very shallow results. I now on on both the cream as well as have testapill tablets in my lower hip done every 6 months. What are your thoughts on both of these, and also, would it make sense to cycle while on these? Finally, what would you recommend to someone of my age? Thank you for your help here.
  • dominic
    7 Years ago
    I do the same. Androgel 1.65 is what I use. I use a tube a day and it has kept my test levels in the normal range. Gives me more energy and an edge so quite happy in those regards.
  • doug
    7 Years ago
    TRH is pretty much a normal thing and very common these days. I have been using the gels for many years and find that they keep my levels pretty regular. Not bad for an old man.
  • zipper1234
    11 Years ago
    Thanks man, I will give both of these a shot and will consult with my doctor. I really appreciate the input here.
  • zipper1234
    11 Years ago
    so would you recommend taking this with or in replacement of the testosterone treatments? Also, what are your take on how to supplement protein. Eating 1.5 gramms of protein a day is almost impossible for me. I try to drink two RTD shakes, but honestly, I have a hard time keeping them down. Slow whey is a bit easier on me and I am not running to the bowl constantly. Any suggestions?
  • zipper1234
    11 Years ago
    I am 41 and have been using the creams for about 12 months. I also use them in conjunction with the testapell. I have 14 placed in my hit. I have noticed a slight more sexual uplift, and a little bit more energy, but that is really about it. If anything, the most that its done is wake me up to the point where I want more. You suggest I should take Growth Factor in replacement of the creams and such?
    Is growth factor something that a doctor will have to administer, and what type of results can I expect? Honestly, I am looking for strickly gym results. The sexual drives and so forth I dont much care about.
  • freakyhuge
    11 Years ago
    That's 1.5g per lb of lean mass per day ( I assume u meant that). The protein powder that bothers your bowls has casein and or caligen in it. You need to drink whey isolate protein. I recommend Isolyze by species nutrition (you can find it on this site's store).
    If you don't take the above prescribed amount of protein, you'll never grow, and you'll waste the anabolic properties of your testosterone supplementation. Steroids increase protein metabolism, but if you don't eat enough protein, it won't work.
    As far as HGH is concerned, unless you have a black market source, you can't "choose" to substitute it for the testosterone therapy. Unless your blood work reveals very low IGF-1, your doc won't prescribe it for you.
    You should be eating 5-6 times a day, roughly every 2 1/2-3 hrs and evenly dividing your protein over those meals. Every ounce of chicken, turkey, beef, fish has 8g of protein in it. Every whole egg has 6g and every egg white has 3g. Have three meals with real food protein sources and 2-3 meals w shakes. There's no way around this. It's simple math and simple science.
  • freakyhuge
    11 Years ago
    Human Growth Hormone is obtained by prescription only. You have to show low IGF-1 in your blood test to qualify. And regarding testosterone therapy sufficient to get you to the top of your game in the gym, that would require a minimum dose of 300mg/wk, and unless you produce no test naturally, no doctor will prescribe that much. Some Age Management clinics will prescribe 200mg/week, but that's the best you'll get legally.
  • freakyhuge
    11 Years ago
    Sorry for the bad grammar in my last post. My iPhone is using autocorrect to make me sound like a foreigner…lol!!!
  • freakyhuge
    11 Years ago
    You didn't say how old you are.
    Only 10% of the testosterone in the creams make it into your system. So the creams have about 10 times the test in them than viable by design. That being said, your getting about 70-90mg of test per week under normal dosing protocol. That's usually enough to bring a 45+ year old man's testosterone level to mid-normal range. What most doctors don't test for and is paramount in providing proper dosing is Sex Hormone Binding Gobulin (SHGB). This is a "policing" protein that gathers up testosterone and estrogen, keeping it from binding with you androgen receptors. You should have your "free" testosterone tested as well as total. Only the free test is bio active. A normal or high total test with low free test indicated high SHGB. You want your free test to be high normal as a 45-over male for resistive weight training to be productive.

In addition, you should have you Insulin Growth Factor 1 (IGF-1) tested. If it's low, then your growth hormone release is low and muscle growth will be hindered. HGH (Human Growth Hormone) will fix that.
    It's difficult to find a doctor well versed in male sex endocrinology. An Age Management clinic might be better suited to help you. As far as cycling on creams and implants…total waste of time. Ask your doctor for injectable testosterone for your HRT. It's much more effective.