I will admit I don't know the first thing about training

But I would like to think given what I know about bodybuilding contests (having collected a large number over the years via YouTube) and my knowledge of music (whilst not detailed I would like to think that I have a wide spread) I am just wondering whether I ought to take the plunge and say "Is there anyone who is pondering taking part in a natural bodybuilding contest that would like someone who have never created a contest posing routine or indeed music to go with it before, but fancies having a go to let them design a posing routine and choose the music for that routine?" If there was someone willing to take that chance, all I would need to know is the answer to the following: 1) Are you a gentleman or a lady? 2) What weight class will you be entering? 3) Are you aiming to show the power of muscles or the elegance of muscles? 4) What is your favourite type of music? So, is anyone willing to let me have a go for them?
  • WelshMuscleman
    6 Years ago
    Right for @doug, his music would be "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet" by Bachmann Turner Overdrive and for @brad "Firestarter" by the Prodigy. If you would both be so kind as to send me a picture of yourselves showing front and back, I shall then be able to use that to design a routine
  • brad
    6 Years ago
    Male, 34, 195 Favorite type of posing music is a cross between alternative and rave. Something really up tempo that pumps up the crowd. As for pose down, that is I will leave totally up to your creativity. The iconic poses are the ones that the judges call out and they are mandatory. However, the major compeitions are: Beginner Figure. Open: Bikini, Bodybuilding, Men's Physique, Women's Physique, Xtreme Fitness & Figure. Collegiate: Bodybuilding, Figure. Sub Masters: Bodybuilding. Masters 40+: Bodybuilding & Figure. Masters 50+: Bodybuilding & Figure. Grand Masters 60+: Bodybuilding. Then you also have the classic Phyique, and a slue of bodybuilding such as Classic Bodybuilding and Games Classic Bodybuilding: ... Games Classic Bodybuilding: ... Women Fitness : ... Men Fitness : ... Women Bodyfitness : ... Women's Bikini-Fitness : For me, I would probably stick with the physique as well since my legs right now dont have the mass for classic.
  • doug
    6 Years ago
    This could turn out to be cool as hell. So here goes it. Age, over 50- Male weight class for physique would be over 200 LBS Music- 70 classic rock In physique we have to show muscle mass, tone, proportions, symmetry, and display as hard, dry, lean, and cut as possible. Show prep is a science and an art. When you start your water cutting, carb cut, site enhancements, oil, pump up, ect. its an entire process. Hope that helps.
  • WelshMuscleman
    6 Years ago
    Well, using the four questions I laid out, your answers @thomas would be: 1) Are you a gentleman or a lady? Pass (as your profile says that you are a lady, but your picture is that of a man, so for the purpose of this I shall use that picture) 2) What weight class will you be entering? As you describe yourself as athletic, that would suggest one of the lower weight classes 3) Are you aiming to show the power of muscles or the elegance of muscles? So therefore, you would probably show the elegance of muscles as opposed to their power 4) What is your favourite type of music? And based on your age, I am going to go with pop music from the millennium Therefore the music I would choose is an edited version of "Castles in the Sky" by Ian van Dahl which would be just the main chorus and the more lilting parts of the verse. As to the actual routine, well, the best muscle groups are to be shown off with the weakest hidden from view so if you were to post pictures of the views that you would offer a judge then I would be quite happy to create a potential routine
  • thomas
    6 Years ago
    That would be cool. What music would you put, and what type of routine would you put together? Remember, in a pose down, you have to hit lats, side chest, most muscular, back, abs, legs, calves, shoulders, triceps. there is about 8 staple shots that are pretty much mandatory, but you can hit them from different angles to drive a different effect if your lagging in one body part.
  • WelshMuscleman
    6 Years ago
    Precisely what I mean @walter, does this mean that you would be interested in seeing what I can come up with (using those four questions)?
  • walter
    6 Years ago
    Very well put bro. The right program can and will make the difference. When doing a pose, you really want to do hit all of the pose positions that really bring out your muscle gyrations. When you have a weaker bodypart, the best way to avoid displaying it is to customize your pose down to where you can mask it.
  • WelshMuscleman
    6 Years ago
    That's very kind of you both to say, but the idea of me looking something like this is quite frankly unlikely (for the reasons I have listed in my past posts) Big And anyway, if I did want to look like that, I would go for something along these lines more than anything else Moderate Hence the suggestion that by designing a posing routine for someone else I would understand what was needed and that is something that I can do, to help someone who might in turn inspire me to follow in their footsteps.
  • doug
    6 Years ago
    Bro, its a slippery slope once you hit the stages. In bodybuilding and any competition, our bodies are out there for the judges to judge. its somewhat political,. its somewhat judgmental, and its not always fair, but we have to deal with the cards we are dealt. what really made me a true believer in you is that even though the cards were stacked against you, you still hit the campaign trail like a warrior. You still believed in yourself and your community. You didnt quit even though the polls were against you. You didnt quit after all the hoops they made you jump through. Your a winner bro. Hold that high. Hold that Tue. Hole that and your head as high as the clouds allow.
  • stacy
    6 Years ago
    actually bro, there is an MBN championship right here on this site and it s a 1k prize.