› Forums › Diet, Nutrition, Weight loss, and Recipes for Feeding your Muscles › Food for Thought › Foods that Fight Cancer
May 19, 2013 at 11:41 pm #8555
Foods That Fight Cancer
There is so much about nutrition you and me need to know in order to keep healthy these days. Every night I get my husband’s vitamins together and mine try to plan what we are going to eat. Sometimes it seems so over whelming especially the older you get. Either we take our vitamins daily and eat right or we will have doctor’s bills. Let me just mention some cancer fighting foods you want to include in your diet daily.
1) Experts in research say that a clove of garlic a day may help to prevent certain types of cancer such as esophagus, stomach and colon.
2) Berries are great anti-oxidants and can stop cancer cells from forming. Eat a bowl of strawberries, blueberries or blackberries. I love to put some on my oatmeal in the morning.
3) Tomatoes contain a powerful antioxidant called lycopene in high concentration protecting men against prostate cancer.
4) Cruciferous vegetables are also good such as broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage from protecting you from cancer. They help prevent the growth of tumors and kill cancer cells.
5) Drink some green tea it has antioxidants called catechins which can help prevent different types of cancers. These catechins can shrink tumors and reduce them from growing.
6) Whole grains contain fiber and antioxidants which may lower your risk of cancer.
Oatmeal, barley, brown rice, whole-wheat bread and pasta are all examples of whole grains which are better for you to eat then refined white flour products which cause a rise in your blood sugar.
7) Turmeric this orange-colored spice contains a substance called curcumin not the same as cumin might help reduce the risk of cancer.
8) You heard your parents tell you as a child eat your spinach and popeye to become strong but eating leafy vegetables can be good to prevent cancer. Eat fresh spinach and lettuce or cooked kale, mustard greens and collard greens. They all contain good sources of the antioxidants beta-carotene and lutein.
9) The skin of grapes contain a rich source of an antioxidant called resveratrol. A little red wine is good for the stomach and it also contains this antioxidant as well as drinking grape juice. A moderate amount of red wide has been tested for lower risks of prostate cancer in men.
10) Pinto and red kidney beans are great sources of antioxidants and fiber. Eating a high fiber diet will help reduce your risk of cancer in general.
Remember take time for God, yourself, family, eliminate stress in your life, laugh more, eat healthy and exercise!
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and do not forget all his benefits—who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. (Psalm 103:2-5)
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Have a happy & blessed day!
Fitness Modeling Dawn O’brien
Contact Dawn if you are interested in featuring her in your fitness, fashion, life, or any other magazine, spokes model, calendar, website, model your fitness wear or swimwear, video or any other form of media email@example.com
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.